The application deadline approaches for Native POP: People of the Plains, a juried Native art show and cultural celebration of the Great Plains Tribes at Main Street Square in Rapid City on Saturday, July 15-16, 2016.
Native POP reinterprets the traditional art market and celebrates the historic and contemporary values of Native artists. Our art market reflects the cultures of the Great Plains including the broadly functional role of art and we embrace all forms of creativity. Both emerging and established Native artists shared their work with thousands of people at last year’s event, and we are excited to see the talent and joy our fourth year will bring!
Native POP began in 2013 as the Gathering of People, Wind and Water and changed its name in 2016. The event grew out of an ongoing, large-scale work of public art in granite at Main Street Square, Passage of Wind and Water, and sculptor Masayuki Nagase’s themes of hope, transformation and the aspiration of all beings in nature to live in balance.
Native POP features:
* A Friday night opening event and juried awards with $17,000 in prizes
* A variety of music and dance performances with a concert after the market closes
* Interactive learning opportunities for the entire family
* Emerging artist recognition and prize opportunities
* People’s Choice Award
What to expect
* Exhibitor hospitality including two complimentary lunches and water bottles and breaks throughout the day
* 500 convenient, free parking spaces for vendors in adjacent city parking garage
* A metro population of more than 130,000
* National, regional and local event promotion
* 10’ x 10’ booths located on 6th Street and inside Main Street Square
* No commission on your sales
Eligible participants must be enrolled members of state or federally recognized tribes, in accordance with the Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990, with preference given to artists from Great Plains Tribes.
Applications due March 31, 2016. Apply online at the website:www.nativepop.org Applicants will be notified on April 15, 2016. For more information or questions, contact Native POP at email@example.com or (605) 394.4101, ext 212.