Rapid City Arts Council Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Virtual Holiday Art Market
It’s time to start thinking about this year’s Holiday Art Market! 2020 has been a year full of new experiences, and this is no exception! We are planning our first ever VIRTUAL Holiday Art Market! The Holiday Art Market has been an annual event held at the Dahl Arts Center where local artisans and artists are invited to share their art and goods with the community! The idea is that you are able to get local hand-made gifts for the Holidays! This year, you will be able to do so from the comfort of your home!
- DATES: Application Deadline: Friday, September 25th
Acceptance: Accepted vendors will be notified via e-mail on Friday, October 2nd, 2020.
Fees: A virtual booth fee of $50 is due Friday, October 30th, 2020. If you require additional assistance with your virtual booth setup, we will issue a $100 administrative fee.
Online Inventory: If you require assistance photographing, weighing, or writing descriptions for your items, once accepted, you will need to schedule a one hour window between Monday October 19 and Friday, October 30th for a staff member to assist you. Payment is due by the time of your appointment. The fee for assistance is $100 in addition to the $50 booth fee.
All materials for event are due by Friday, October 30th, 2020.
Dates of Virtual Art Market: Monday, November 16 – Monday, November 30.
- SALES: The Dahl Arts Center is going to act as the main contact, running all sales through our operating system. We will keep 33% of all proceeds to cover administration, hosting and transaction costs. Checks will be distributed to co-signers after the two week event has ended.
- ONLINE MATERIALS: We will need the following in order to host your online shop:
- Name/Logo of store
- Detailed Inventory and Prices of items for sale
- High Resolution images of items
- Detailed description, size, and materials used in creation of items
- Weight of items to calculate shipping costs
If the seller is unable to provide these materials, staff at the Dahl can provide assistance for a fee of
- Fees: There will be an online booth hosting fee of $50, and 33% of all sales to cover administrative costs and staff time for the online portion of the event.
- Space: Since this is a virtual event, you will have a page featuring you as an artist, and your items for sale. This will go live as part of a Holiday Art Market online event page hosted by thedahl.org.
Acceptance: This is a juried event. All interested vendors will need to fill out the Application form and return it along with 3-5 images depicting their artwork via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications may also be returned by mail or dropped off in person at the Dahl Arts Center). A committee will review the applications and select those vendors they believe will offer a good variety of quality and an interesting fun and vibrant selection of items for our shoppers. Vendors will be notified of their acceptance and sent an invoice to pay for their online booth hosting fee of $50. After October 30th, if we have not received payment, their spot will be forfeited to the next vendor on the waiting list.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 605.394.4101